Wednesday, May 15, 2013

VDA #9 Potential




1) Consider the potential of these 3-D machines, what object would you print that could help the world? Why?

 
 
 
       If I could print an object to help the world it would be more water filters.In many areas like Africa don't have clean or purified water to drink or use . Many diseases from unclean water are causing deaths. Some of them are Cholera which is a bacteria infection of the intestinal tract.It causes severe attacks of diarrhoea that, without treatment, can quickly lead to acute dehydration and death. Another disease is Guinea worm disease,People contract the disease (also known as Dracunculiasis) when drinking water contaminated with Dracunculus larvae. The larvae mature into large (up to a metre long) adult Guinea worms and leave the body after about a year, causing debilitating ulcers.I think more water filters would decrease the death rates.
 
 
 
 
2) From a selfish standpoint, what one item would you print for yourself? Why?

 
         If I could print one item for myself it would be a large building in Amman, Jordan. I would move my family there and they could live in the building. We would open a grocery store in the building. My dad and I will work there and make our paying for our family. We won't worry about where were going to live and how much it would be. We also will have a bussiness inside our building without worrying who the buildings for. I know my family would love if we had our own building in Amman,Jordan. I would also be happy because i will see my parents in peace.



 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment